Most Popular Cities in Turkey – There are four cities from Turkey (Istanbul, Izmir, Antalya , and Edirne) among the World’s 100 most visited cities. Turkey is not about just offshore, it is more than sun and sand. There are all kinds of tourism here, from summer tourism to winter sports, nature, culture, belief, sports, health, and congress tourism. This geography is also a great historical treasure. Most of the civilizations were born in these lands. The first coin was minted here. Trade, banking, and stock exchange first emerged in these lands. Almost all of the first civilizations are here…
Hittites, the first superpower of antiquity, are in these lands… Troy, Rome, Byzantium are here… Seljuks, Ottomans are here… Is there another country in the world that has so many different cultures? 20 years ago, in the early 2000s, the number of sites included in the UNESCO world heritage list reached 18 from Turkey. Otherwise, we also have 78 more natural and cultural values on the temporary candidate list.
The 10 most visited archaeological site (ruins) in Turkey
- Hierapolis Archaeological Site (Denizli)
- Ephesus Archaeological Site (İzmir)
- Göreme Archaeological Site (Nevşehir)
- Kaymaklı Underground City (Nevşehir)
- Troia Archaeological Site (Canakkale)
- Ihlara Valley Archaeological Site (Aksaray)
- Derinkuyu Underground City (Nevşehir)
- Göbeklitepe Archaeological Site (Şanlıurfa)
- Aspendos Archaeological Site (Antalya)
- Zelve-Paşabağlar Ruins (Nevşehir)
Most Popular Cities in Turkey
Most Popular Cities in Turkey – Istanbul ranks 8th in the list of the most visited cities in the world in 2020. 14.4 million tourists visited Istanbul! Antalya, which is ranked 10th, visited 12.27 million people. When the provinces connected to the border gates where foreign visitors enter are examined, most visitors came to Antalya. Istanbul followed Antalya. In a word, 63 percent of foreign visitors to Turkey prefers Antalya and Istanbul.