According to the Land Registry legislation, foreigners provided that they comply with the legal restrictions, to use as a residence or workplace in Turkey can purchase real estate. So, what should foreigners pay attention to when buying real estate?
According to the Land Registry legislation on foreign nationals, within the borders of Turkey, home, office, can buy land and farmland. However, foreigners are required to comply with legal restrictions during the purchasing process.
Foreign does not exceed the total area of 30 hectares of real estate in Turkey, though you could buy one in a different city. Foreigners can own the real estate they want within this limitation. So, how and with which documents should foreigners make their deed transactions? What should foreigners pay attention to when buying real estate?
Investigation of the answers to certain questions when purchasing immovable property in Turkey can now prevent possible problems to occur in the future. For this reason, there are a few points that foreign citizens should also note.
First of all, some controls can be made on the real property to be purchased. Issues such as whether there is any restriction on the immovable property such as mortgage or foreclosure or whether there is any situation preventing the sale of the immovable can be checked from the relevant Land Registry Office.
Subsequently, it is recommended to investigate the people or companies that sell the real estate. It should not be worked with people or companies that are not known to be experts and reliable.
However, the firm, which sometimes sells housing, can suddenly go bankrupt, no matter how big it is in terms of its capital and the projects they have built. For this reason, it may be beneficial to examine the past projects of the company and to get information from the owners.
In case of any dispute between the parties, it can be sued in state court referred to the judicial authorities of the Republic of Turkey. If the application for the acquisition of the immovable is rejected, an appeal can be filed with the Regional Directorate to which the Land Registry Directorate is operated. Such attention to that point and foreigners who decide to purchase real estate in Turkey have received a residence permit in order to obtain real requirement is not necessary.
In the application of the foreigners to the land registry offices, they must have their identity documents or passports, residence permits issued by the relevant police departments of foreigners subject to the residence permit, and the original or approved copy of the proxies, together with their translations, on the basis of the power of attorney issued from abroad.
So what should foreigners pay attention to when buying land?
- On the immovable, mortgage, lien, etc. Issues such as whether there is a restriction or if there is any situation preventing the sale of the real estate should be checked from the relevant Land Registry Office.
- In case of rejection of the immovable application, an appeal may be filed to the Regional Directorate to which the Land Registry Directorate is located.
- It is recommended not to work with people or companies that are not known to be experts and reliable.
- Having received the foreigner’s residence permit in order to acquire immovable property in Turkey has not been called.
- In case of any dispute between the parties related to the acquisition of immovable property, the state must prosecute in court with the Republic of Turkey referred to judicial authorities.