Turkish Citizenship – Marriage with a Turkish citizen does not give foreigners the right to become Turkish citizens automatically. By the relevant law text, a foreign national must have the following conditions to become a citizen through his/her spouse:
- The foreigner who will apply for citizenship must have been married to a Turkish citizen for at least 3 years and the marriage must continue;
- Spouses should be in the unity of family;
- The foreigner should not act against the marriage community;
- The foreigner should not be in a situation that would threaten public security,
If they meet the above conditions, foreigners can apply for citizenship to the governorships where they live. However, if the Turkish citizen spouse dies after the application date, the spouses are not required to live in the unity of the family. The last paragraph of the text of the law; is about the situation of the foreigner who gains Turkish citizenship if the marriage ends with the decree of nullity. If the foreigner is favorable in marriage, his/her citizenship will not be revoked.
What are the required documents for Turkish Citizen acquisition through marriage?
- Wholly filled citizenship application form;
- Photocopy of the Turkish spouse’s identity card;
- Turkish translation and a notarized copy of the passport or similar document,
- Turkish translation and notarized copy of the foreign spouses birth certificate;
- Marriage Certificate (photocopy to be submitted);
- The last residence permit which is got for foreigners whose settlement is Turkey;
- A document showing that the spouses live in the unity of family (such as a rental agreement, bank account);
- Biometric photo with white background taken within the last 6 months;
- If there is a finalized court decision about the foreigner for any criminal reason, a notarized copy;
- A document showing that the citizenship application service fee has been paid.
Turkish Citizenship by Investment
Turkish Citizenship – You should remember that the progress for citizenship applications is up to you. The information and documents provided in the citizenship applications must be complete and should not be contrary to facts. Trying to provide this information by the administration may cause the application process to progress slowly. You can call our phone number +905425533061 for detailed information about these transactions, or you can get support via our contact page.