Buy a House from Turkey – Foreign nationals can buy a property in Turkey provided that they comply with legal restrictions. To purchase real estate by foreigners are not required to have a residence permit in Turkey.
What should foreigners know to buy a house in Turkey?
- You must apply to the Land Registry Directorate or the Republic of Turkey Embassies / Consulates and you should learn which nationality can buy real estate.
- The total area of real estate bought from Turkey should not exceed 30 hectares. It is imperative to comply with this limitation, even if it is to be purchased from different cities.
- It must be confirmed that the house to be purchased is not within the military security zone. This information can be obtained by asking the Authorized Command by the Land Registry
- Directorate. If the property is within the boundaries of the security zone, house sales cannot be made to foreigners.
What should foreign nationals pay attention to when buying a house?
- It should be learned whether the house to be purchased has an obstacle to sales such as a mortgage or lien. This information can be obtained from the General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre.
- An agreement should be made with an intermediary firm whose reliability is sure. If the disagreement between the parties about the sale of real estate, it must be prosecuted in the Republic of Turkey court.
- Making a sales promise agreement before a notary is not sufficient for sales. Official transactions must be carried out in the land registry offices.
- The title deed fee to be paid in house purchases is paid by the buyer and the real estate owner.
Buy a House from Turkey – Realista Turkey supports you in all real estate, investment, and consultancy issues and we are ready to answer any questions you may have. You can reach us via our contact form or page and you can get your second passport within a few months.