Retired-Friendly Cities – Has anyone retired and didn’t dream of settling in a seaside town? Most of the people around you have this dream. People who dream of retirement generally prefer the Mediterranean and Aegean regions. However, there are places in the Black Sea where you can make this dream come true. We have prepared some topics that will help your decision-making process and that we recommend you review carefully.
- Bowless, disabled-friendly, walkable sidewalks and entrances,
- Buildings and public transportation stops with elevator,
- Safe, comfortable, and cheap public transportation,
- Housing and interior designed according to the needs of the elderly and disabled,
- Affordable housing and safe neighborhoods,
- Volunteer houses and local departments that provide the opportunity to socialize,
- Public spaces where elderly people can come together,
- A great number of seating areas and toilets in public spaces,
- Different information channels developed for the needs of the elderly,
- Sufficient number of health and shopping centers with easy access,
20.9 percent of retirees live in Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Bursa, and Antalya are among the provinces with the highest retired population!
Sinop is called the Bodrum of the Black Sea. Sinop is known as Turkey’s happiest city. According to the Turkey Statistical Institute data, the middle-aged population rate is the highest in the city, with 40.8 percent of Sinop. Sinop is followed by Balıkesir with 40.2 percent and Giresun with 39.9 percent.
The people living in the city, which is located on the peninsula of the city center, are known for their respect and tolerance for each other. There is also no traffic signaling system in the city center. It is noteworthy that the incidence of traffic accidents is low in Sinop. People in Sinop say that this city away from the noise is preferred by retirees.
Where can retirees live comfortably in Turkey?
Retired-Friendly Cities – There are 1.703.683 retirees in Istanbul, which has a population of approximately 15 million. In other words, approximately 11 percent of the population of Istanbul consists of retirees. Especially Balıkesir and İzmir, and seaside provinces such as Antalya, Adana, Bursa, and Kocaeli are preferred by retirees. Retirees; desire for easy access to healthcare services and their preference for a stress-free environment have a big role in this. In addition, we think that climatic conditions are also effective.